Blog and News
Backup creates an exact copy of the document in a special folder. You can define the folder for your backups in program settings.
We recommend always making backup copies in the following situations:
- Prior to important changes in the document
- After major changes
- Before upgrade
- Periodically (once a week, once a month)
At any time you can manually start the backup process by using the main menu:
Documents are backed up into a special folder. You can define your backup location.
Files are backed up to a special folder. Folder configuration can be found by using the \"Configuration folders\". You can define the location of your backups.
How the automatic backup works:
- Before opening the document TreeDBNotes makes a copy of the document.
- It checks the existing backup files.
- If the number of existing copies is more than the permitted amount, then the program deletes the oldest copy. Thus, for each file, a certain amount of backups is always maintained.
- Informational message is displayed after the automatic backup process.
Attention! In the settings you can disable automatic backup. In this case, you need to take care of security and backup manually.
Restore from backup
Recovering from an automatic or manual backup
- Start Backup explorer: \"File/Backup explorer\".
- Select desired file from the list
- Use the \"Restore\" button
May 27, 2011