Blog and News
OneNote Replacement - TreeDBNotes
MS OneNote - Section Tabs and Pages
MS OneNote has section tabs. Each section can contain the pages.
- OneNote Pages are arranged in a flat structure.
- Pages has no styles
MS OneNote Replacement - TreeDBNotes
TreeDBNotes has trees (section tabs). Each tree can contain the notes (pages).
- Notes (Pages) are arranged in a tree structure.
TreeDBNotes vs OneNote review
One of the main advantages of the program is mobility and easy portability. All necessary data is stored in one file (notes, contacts, passwords, list, and attachments). Enough to take on the road or to work just one file and you will always have all necessary information at hand.
|Password protection||Yes (Folder, Tree, Document)||Yes (Sections)|
|Sections||Yes (Notes Tree)||Yes (Section Tabs)|
|Pages||Yes (Tree structured notes tree)||Yes|
|Insert Edit Tables||Yes||Yes|
|Screen capture||Yes||Yes (Screen clipping)|
|Save as HTML web site (eBook)||Yes||No|
|Publish to exe eBook||Yes||No|
Alternatives to Microsoft One Note
All data in the program TreeDBNotes is located in folders. Folders can be given a flag, icon and style. Folders can be placed in a convenient multi-level structure. The number of folders and trees is not limited. This allows you to comfortably create documents of any complexity. TreeDBNotes Notes Manager can be used as alternatives to Microsoft One Note.
The program has a built-in search for text description and keywords, as well as integrated web search. With web search, you can search text, photos and use various web-services (translation into other languages, formatting, conversion, etc.).
With built-in modern navigation, you can easily find the necessary information in any document. In addition to classic search, you can use the editing history, hyperlinks, table of contents, thumbnails, favorites, bookmarks, and tag cloud.
A large set of additional features such as: screen capture, password generator, phrases, calendar generator, scratch pad, alarms, clipboard, etc. will reduce costs and eliminate the use of other programs. With TreeDBNotes, you can improve productivity and become more mobile. TreeDBNotes Notes Manager can be used as replacement for MS One Note.
What\'s new in OneNote 2010
Making it easy to capture, organize, and finding information has always been at the heart of what OneNote does. OneNote 2010 offers several enhancements in this core feature area.
- Section and page tab improvements OneNote 2010 makes navigation of notebooks with a larger number of sections and pages simpler than before, and it is now easier to create new sections. Additional enhancements include better visualization of the page tab hierarchy, the ability to collapse groups of subpages, and the ability to insert new pages from anywhere in your page tabs.
- Fast Search for easy navigation There has never been a faster way to get to the most often used pages in your notebook. Search results appear as you type. In addition to page content, Fast Search can search based on notebook names, section labels, and page titles. Page authors can also quickly search for recently added content (last day, week, month, and so on) or get a quick overview of what\'s changed on any particular day.
- See more info in OneNote documentation.
June 7, 2011